1/1/10

Raw Food Fast Days 2-4

Due to persistent headaches, my doctor advised me to eat more calories and eat protein.

So, I have still been "fasting," but am now eating a lot more fruits and vegetables.  I have also added legumes to my diet. I don't feel incredibly hungry, but i AM craving carbs. I am craving carbs like crazy.  Luckily, I have no carbs around to tempt me!

I have been starting each day with a fruit smoothie, which is something that I will try to continue when my 7 days ends.  I puree a banana in a splash of cranberry juice.  I then add about 8 ice cubes and 8 strawberries.  It is absolutely Delish!  I also made a blackberry banana smooth that also came out yummy.

So now that I have added legumes to my raw diet fast, I have been eating edamame and beans.  I made hummus but I skipped on the olive oil.

The not eating meat has not bothered me at all. It is the sweets and carbs that I am craving. And dairy--well, I just miss it.  Cheese is one of my faaaaavorite foods. So, I'll be glad when these 7 days are up.

No comments:

Post a Comment