1/1/10

Raw Fast Finale

Days 6 and 7 got easier and easier--probably because I became more and more flexible with what I allowed myself to eat. 

I am so glad that I did this fast.  I learned numerous things about myself this past week, and I learned how to focus on eating a more vegetable-based diet.  I became more aware of the limited options available to vegetable-based eaters after a trip to the Cheesecake Factory.  I wanted a salad.  Simple, right?  Actually, every salad on their menu besides the Ceaser salad had meat or fish in it.  The only other salad that did not was a side salad. 

My vegetable diet also encouraged me to work out.  I've worked out three times in the past three days, and more importantly, I feel "addicted" to working out again.  I also feel addicted to eating more vegetables.  I am excited about the habits that I gained in my fast that I will continue now that the fast is over (like fresh fruit smoothies for breakfast and focusing on eating vegetable-based meals)

To celebrate the end of my fast, I cooked dinner last night.  Haricots verts, steamed broccoli, potatoe gratin and roasted chicken.  Everything came out delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment