1/2/10

Crawfish Fettuccine


I made this Christmas Eve because my mother asked me to. She found the recipe in a newspaper clipping from 1997...

I have never made fettuccine alfredo or anything, but I was excited to do some Creole cooking while I was in Louisiana for winter break.

First, I sautéed all of the vegetables I had (mushrooms, peppers, onions, garlic) in half a stick of butter. Yes, butter. Normally, I sauté vegetables in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, but the recipe called for butter. The smell was incredible--I had no idea sautéing vegetables in butter would smell so good! I would have been content taking the veggies off of the stove and serving it over a bed of rice or noodles.

The next step was to add the crawfish tails. I bought a one pound bag of already peeled crawfish tails. The excess liquid in the bag is what really added the Creole flavor to this dish. I also added a quarter cup of dry white wine. I seasoned it all with some Tony’s (Creole Seasoning salt). I let it simmer for about ten minutes.

Next, I added put my cooked fettuccine in a bowl and added a small container of sour cream and some half and half. I then added the crawfish/veggie mixture to the bowl, and I poured it in a casserole dish. Lastly, I topped the casserole dish with cheese and baked it on 350 for 15 minutes.

My family loved this dish. To my surprise, it tasted like pasta yet still maintained a distinctly Louisiana Creole flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment