11/27/09

Mom's Mini Sweet Potato Pies


My mom has always made the most delectable sweet potato pie every Thanksgiving and Christmas. This year, she started making pie in the off season because her office had a bake sale to raise money for the American Heart Association. She baked about a dozen mini pies, and they sold out pretty much instantly! The next week, she baked more mini pies for the fundraiser, and again, they sold out super fast. As a matter of fact, customers started coming in, asking for the pies.

My mom now makes her mini sweet potatoe pies every month for the "sick and shut-in" members at her church in Baton Rouge. There are always a couple left over, which is a nice treat for whoever is lucky enough to be around!

This Thanksgiving, my mom made the mini pies instead of a regular-sized pie. Since my family hosted Thanksgiving dinner, it was an easy way for guests to take home some pie to enjoy later. Sorry folks, there is no recipe. My mom just keeps adding spice until it tastes how it tasted the last time...

1 comment:

  1. Hi, my name is Linda and we are giving a 90th birthday party on Dec. 18th in Port Allen and looking for mini sweet potato pies. The birthday gal loves sweet potato pies! Does your mom sell them? They sound delicious. We need 100. Is this possible? Thanks, I'll wait to hear back. llerley@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete