11/23/09

German Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting



I baked this cake to help celebrate my roommate's birthday. The cake is German chocolate, made with the Baker's German Chocolate bar. The icing is chocolate frosting--just chocolate, powdered sugar, and a little bit of milk and vanilla. The cake came out suuuuuper yummy.

I had to buy cake pans from Target since I had none, and I was in SUCH a rush to make it because I went out of town this weekend. When I was checking out at Target, the cashier asked me what I was going to do with the cake pans. Curious, I thought. "Bake a cake," I responded. She looked at me like she didn't believe me and said, "YOU are going to bake a cake?" Um, is it that rare for someone to purchase cake pans, who plans on baking a cake??

Anyway, the cake pans were actually rather suspect. I guess you get what you pay for! I'll be hitting up a more trusted kitchen store to buy some quality cake pans real, real soon.

You can find the cake recipe inside the Baker's German Chocolate bar.

**Due to it being finals time, and I have numerous research papers to write and finals to prepare for, I will no longer be updating daily. I will try to update a few times every week.

4 comments:

  1. Val and I are arguing over who gets the last piece...it's my birthday and I'll eat the last slice if I want to!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dionne: the recipe is inside the German chocolate bar! You can find a Baker's German Chocolate Bar in the baking section of ANY grocery store. You need a German Chocolate Bar if you are going to make a German Chocolate cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Val, that cake was damn good!! I had two pieces when I went over to visit Lucy! I'm inviting myself over now so I can be your designated taste tester. :)

    ReplyDelete