10/27/09

Sweet Potato Pie Muffins



An instant classic..

I first baked these about 2 weeks ago for our book club meeting. It was right in the middle of my baking frenzy, so I actually baked two different types of muffins for the meeting--sweet potato muffins and parsley parmesan muffins. The parsley parmesan muffins were probably the grossest muffin i've ever had. But, the sweet potato muffins were a real hit. An instant classic.

I've been in Baton Rouge for the past few days. I found a bag of unshelled pecans in the kitchen pantry, so I decided to make these muffins. Also, I wanted to share my new find with my family. So, i got to shelling pecans and boiling sweet potatoes so that I could use the absolute freshest ingredients.

They were DELICIOUS. I renamed them sweet potato pie muffins because I used all the spices that my mom uses in her super-popular sweet potato pies.

1 comment: