10/23/09

Restaurant at the Getty Center


This restaurant can be part of the *perfect* date--wandering through the gardens and art buildings, then sitting down and having a wonderful meal with an AMAZING view of L.A.

My lunch started with an amuse bouche--beef tartar on a Parmesan crisp with pesto. I have something against eating raw meat. Had I not been on a "business lunch," I would not have eaten it. However, I was practically "socially forced" to eat it. The Parmesan crisp and pesto was quite good. The beef tartar was a thin, shaved, raw piece of beef. The beef tartar was not something I would eat again.

As an appetizer, I ordered a fruit salad with nuts. Since I ate this salad as an appetizer, I was grateful they skipped on the fatty cheese. For an entree, I enjoyed the striped bass. It reminded me of catfish. It was accompanied with green beans, sugar snap peas, and potatoes. The snap peas were absolutely delicious--so much fun when the peas would pop into my mouth! the potatoes and fish were well-seasoned and well-prepared.

Skipped out on dessert but overall very, very tasty.

I definitely recommend this place. I recommend lunch over dinner so that you can enjoy the view (and the lunchtime prices). Walk-ins are welcomed but it is probably safer to make a reservation the day before. If you make a reservation, ask for a table by the window.


1 comment:

  1. I would like to eat lunch there the next time I am in Los Angeles. Mom

    ReplyDelete