3/5/10

Banana Bread French Toast

Looking for something to do with that leftover banana bread?

Try this twist on your classic "french toast."  Just make sure you baked the banana bread in a 9x5 loaf pan instead of muffin tins.  My banana bread loaf was short in height since I halved the recipe.

Just slice your left over banana bread (banana bread recipe). My slices were about a 3/4" thick.  The thicker the slice, the lower the heat you should use when making the french toast.  I then whipped one egg with 2 tablespoons of milk, a dash of nutmeg, a dash of cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla.  (I only made one serving).  Next, I dipped the slices of banana bread in the egg mixture.  After a couple of minutes, I turned them over.  While the banana bread was soaking up the egg mixture, I put a skillet on the range on medium-low heat.

I then transferred the slices to the skillet (you may want to use some form of grease--butter, veg. oil--if your skillet is not non-stick).

 After a few minutes, I turned the slices over and waited for the other side to brown.  After they were cooked, I dipped each slice in a cinnamon/sugar mixture (1 teaspoon cinnamon, 2 teaspoons sugar).  I then topped it with butter and syrup.

Delicious and easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment