5/17/10

Taste Beers from around the World at Disneyland's CA Adventures


If you're headed to Disneyland's California Adventures this month, be sure to enjoy some of the events at Disney's California Food and Wine Festival.  I didn't make it to the numerous wine seminars (only $1 for seminar and tastings) or free celebrity chef cooking demonstrations, but I did stop by the Festival Beer Walk.  You can taste four different wines or beers for $10.

The only "beer tasting" I had ever done was sitting at Gordon Biersch with a friendly bartender.  At the beer walk, I learned about how hops give beer a distinct flavor.  Typically, the only beers I drink are citrus-flavored Corona type beers, but my taste buds were awakened to a whole new world of beer flavors and textures.

One of my favorite beers from the tasting was Karl Strauss' Red Trolley Ale.  The beer is brewed with caramelized malts to give it a toffee flavor.  It was originally crafted as a holiday beer, but is available year-round due to its popularity.  I think this beer would pair great with a chocolatey/coffee dessert, like Tiramisu.

There really is nothing like enjoying a cold beer after the Tower of Terror and right before Soarin' Over California..

1 comment:

  1. I would like to propose a beer tasting! Everyone bring their favorite beer. I love the variety of flavors: fruity/chocolatey/hoppey/floral and more!

    ReplyDelete